[Bows] Out from the sun, into the rain and hail


On Sunday Stephanie and I drove up to Peterborough, Ontario to take part in an Archery Tournament well half of one anyway. We were joined by our Archery Friend Danny Kim, who made the ~2h drive a pleasant adventure. The day itself was a mixture of warm and bright sunny periods, and dark clouds, leading up to some post lunch rain. We only got to shoot the first of the two 720's planned, the second was cancelled due to some lightning, heavy rain and even hail at one point. Later in the day we would get some ice cream, so all in all a good day.




My plan for the tournament was to really focus and push myself on the mental game. My goal was to keep a positive, confident, and focused mental state throughout my perfomance.  My first 6 ends were excellent, and my scorecard reflected that. The later 6 ends didn't live up two the first, as some suboptimal thought patterns snuck in, and while I managed to quench them with positive self talk, rebuilding my focus and confidence is still slow process, so  I didn't quite get the best out of myself.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Bows] Breaking past 500!

[Bows] Double Double, Sunburn Trouble.

[Bows] - Second Archerversary - My journey (so far) (1/2)